Note is a multiline text block . This is similar to AutoCAD MTEXT command .
Where as Simple Note is Single Line text.
Where is it?
Note Can be found under Draw > Text > Note
You can locate these tabs on Draw Toolbar
Type in Command Line : NOTE and SIMPLENOTE Commands.
How to use Note ?
When you run note command then command line asks for
Specify first corner» Click inside GA where you want to Place Note text. If you don’t want to use below options then Click another point for Opposite Corner.
Options: Angle, Height, Justify, Line spacing, textSTyle, Width or
You are Presented with Some of options as above .
1. Angle: Lets you draw Text at specified Angle direction.
2. Height: Choose this option to fix Size of text you want to place.
3. Justify: When you choose this option then you will see some more options related with it.
Options: BC, BL, BR, MC, ML, MR, TC, TL, TR or
These are Short forms of Bottom Center(BC), Bottom Left (BL),Bottom Right(BR), Middle Center(MC), Middle Left(ML), Middle Right(MR), Top Center(TC), Top Left(TL), Top Right(TR) .
4. Line spacing: Line Spcaing between Text Lines .
Options: At least or Exactly
Specify line spacing value between 0.0833333 (0.25x) and 1.33333 (4x)
5. textSTyle: Default Text Style is Standard
Options: ? to list or
input ‘?’ and Press Enter key
Options: * for all or
Again Press Enter to see list of all Text STyle in your Drawing. To Set Text Style use Command TEXTSTYLE we will see this in format section.
Specify opposite corner»
When you Specify Opposite corner then Note Formatting Toolbar will pop up.
- Standard: It is text style if you create new Text Style then it will be shown here.
- Text Font: You can change text font from List of available fonts.
- Text Height: Select text and change height or before writing text Define height and then type text .
- Bold , Italic , Underline, overline & Strikethrough these are self explanatory and similar to word file functions for . formatting text
- Stack/Unstack :
With release of DraftSight 2015 you can stack and unstack Text/numbers as belwo:
1. Enter values in Numerator and Denominator and Adjust position on text line .
2. You can change type and Scale % also.
1. This options lets you choose setting for converting text stacked automatically while writing in Note area.
For ex. If you want to Write above 22/7 then With this Autostack checkbox selected write in note area as 22#7 and after 7 press space bar this will change to 22/7 automatically.
Tip: You can open Stack Properties dialog by double clicking on stacked text. And if you select stacked text and Select tab Stack/Unstack the this will toggle between Stack and Unstack
- Line Color Control: By Layer > You can change text color to specific color.
- Ruler : By Default ruler is on you can turn it off from Toolbar Checkbox.
- Filed: For entering Quick text
- Other Options:
Editor Settings include further important options as below:
Next Line on Toolbar Includes following Tabs:
- Undo, Redo, Copy , Cut , Paste,
- UPPERCASE , Lowercase: Type in any case these options will change text case to UPPERCASE , Lowercase while typing.
- Paragraph Alignment: Align text in Paragraph.
- Bullets and Lists:
- Justification: Text Justification in Note area.
- Insert Symbol:
Other opens Character Map for more symbols. 🙂
- Oblique Angle: Text angle ranging from -85 to +85
- Tracking Factor: Ranging from 0.75 to 4.0
- Width Factor: Spacing: 0.1 to 10.0
- Create Note: Finally when you are done with all formatting press this tab or click outside Note area. Your Note will be Saved.
How to use Simple Note ?
Whe you run this command then command line shows Actuve Text Style and Text Height info.
Active TextStyle: “Standard” Text height: 0.2000
Also Settings options dialog can be open by typing ‘E’ for settings and enter
Options: sEttings or
Specify start position» e
When you Specify Start Position then Specify height» & Specify text angle» by clicking in GA or entering values.
You will see simple note text area in GA and mouse Cursor changes for entering text .
Right Click in GA.
To see simple note toolbar Go to ‘Editor Setting’ and Select ‘Show Toolbar’
Simple Note formatting Toolbar is similar like Note toolbar as above some tabs are rearranged and removed .
Note: To end Simple Note command either press Esc or Right Click in GA and Select Cancel. Clicking outside simple note will start simple note at that location .
Next NOTEOPTIONS: Text Editing Options >>